Hello Sherwood Park Rams Families,
Usually at this time of year we’d be having our last few gym days at Commonwealth Field House and preparing for for spring camp. This isn’t a usual year. We felt it was important to let you know we’re still thinking about our football family and to provide an update.
Executive, coaches and managers have been continually reviewing information provided by government and our football governing bodies. Here are some updates:
Spring (May – June):
- All spring activities have been cancelled.
- Strathcona County has closed all outdoor fields and recreational facilities until June 15th. This is not a guaranteed opening date, we will continue to stay in communications with Strathcona County.
- Football Alberta has suspended all insurance coverage until further notice.
Fall (August – November):
- We are monitoring all communication from our football governing bodies. As of now, we have not been given any direction on the fall season.
- Registration is on hold until we have an understanding of the fall season.
- When the season begins, we will be following all procedures provided by Alberta health, our football governing bodies, and Strathcona County to keep our athletes, coaches, staff and families healthy and safe.
- Fees, fundraising and volunteer commitments will be re-visited once we understand the fall season.
- The Pandemic has changed many things in our lives, and this football season will be different as well. No matter what the season is, please know that our athletes have always been our focus and this will not change.
What are we doing now?
- We will be reaching out to families for ways to still be engaged while respecting physical distancing. Keep your eyes on our Facebook and Instagram pages for more details.
In the meantime know that WE ARE HERE TO HELP. We are a Rams Family, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is something we can do to help.
The following link has a lot of resource that can be used during these tough times;
Please encourage your kids to reach out to their teammates, stay active and exercise regularly, and follow our social media for more ways to keep connected.
Sherwood Park Rams President